Sunday, October 19, 2008

Humillions of Pumpkins!


On Saturday we decided to take the boys up to the pumpkin patch. We have never been up there before and were very excited to go. Even Randy was excited after being kind of iffy about it all week. We drove up there and saw the huge line of cars waiting to get in. We noticed the traffic coming the other way was not as bad, so we drove past and turned around to go in the other way. It was amazing to see the fields of orange. Riley was so excited and wanted the line of cars to move faster. While we were waiting he looked out the window and said "Whoa! There are HUMILLIONS of pumkins out there!" We aren't sure what a Humillion is, but we got the point that there were tons and tons of pumpkins that he could see. :) I hope you enjoy the pictures. We really had a fun afternoon.


Humillions of pumpkins!

Here is Aiden practically running to get to what I am sure he thought were orange balls!
Here Aiden has sat and claimed not only his pumpkin, but the spot where he would sit in for the rest of our time at the patch. He was a little tired (due to the fact that instead of napping earlier he chose to climb out of his crib...twice. Anyone have any advice to help us keep naptime?) ;)
Here is Riley carrying what he said is "Aiden's pumpkin" It is almost a perfect one too. So nice of Riley to pick one out for his brother.
This BIG one is Riley's. He said he wanted one as big as Daddy's!



Randy went on a seach for the PERFECT PUMPKIN! And here is the prize winner!
When we paid for the pumpkins, I bought the boys each one of these little pumpkins. We'll have to do something cute with them.....I will post pictures when we have them!

Here are four of the FIVE pumpkins we picked. (plus the two little ones makes 7 total). Can't wait to carve and decorate!

6 comments:

Carrrie said...

Alright here is the real story... kidding. Riley really just wanted the biggest pumpkin. After I found mine he then said he wanted his to be as "huge" as mine. Also the reason for the fifth pumpkin was so they didn't roll around in the back... as much.
-Randy

BECKS 'R US said...

I love how Randy made his comment. ARE YOU SURE YOU DON'T HAVE ANY NEWS? I don't buy Randy's reasonings behind the 5th pumpkin!

Carrrie said...

Oh my goodness NO! No news. Seriously. We would be in a very bad place if that were to be the case. (in my opinion)

Jami said...

I miss the pumpkin patch with all it's humillions of pumpkins!! The fifth one was for me, everyone, because Carrie loves me and misses me so much! :) lol

Miss you!! Have a good Halloween!

Jan said...

That is so cute 'humillions'. Those are some pretty perfect pumpkins. Glad you went and had fun.

Janet said...

Wow we missed out on that find. I went to King Soopers Thursday night and they had NO pumpkins left.