Sunday, August 23, 2009

Riley's Birthday Party - Catching up!

So I realized a couple of days ago that I am so far behind on my "journaling" (as Jan calls it (: ). Calling it that makes me feel better about doing it. I have been so busy this summer with Jubilee and Vacations and reunions and just being a mom (on top of working) that I couldn't keep up. I finally have some FREE TIME now! *PHEW! Randy made a list of what he thought was important. So...now we'll go back in time to June and Riley's birthday Party. It was his first friend party and I have decided this will be an every other year event and from now on family can come over every year for cake and ice cream. There are just too many people for me to keep my sanity and not have Randy mad at me for over doing it and taking my craziness out on him. However the party was a success!



Riley wanted a Star Wars Party (of course) so we had a Star Wars Training acadamey. Randy and I made light sabers out of pool noodles and duct tape. I also invited my nephews, Jeremy 12 and Joshua 9, (Oh wait...now they are 13 and 10!) to be Jedi Trainers. They came in full costume! Way cool! They did Lightsaber training and helped the kids use the "force" to find the asteroids on a scavenger hunt. (Asteroids = candy wrapped in tinfoil). The boys all had such a great time. We had Galactic Pizza and Yoda Sodas and of course the Darth Vadar Cake and Ice Cream. We also had a Darth Vadar Pinata, which was fun for the kids as well. Riley loved the party and got some fun toys and games which is always a bonus.





The Jedi trainers in front of the Jedi training Academy sign. I had two light sabers stuck to the door. :) Also training the younglings.





Riley's friend JJ wanted to wear Riley's clone trooper costume. I wish I would have gotten a picture of him holding his bag under the pinata to catch all the candy. ;)







Friend Donevan and Aiden on the scavenger hunt!


Riley's Bike from us. After the party Randy said we should have just given him the bike and spent the party money on a PSP for Riley. ha!




1 comment:

Carrrie said...

So...I just realized I did double duty on the birthday party. So sorry for the duplicate.