Sunday, June 13, 2010

A little bit of this and a little bit of that!

So here is the blog to finally catch up. I hopeyou enjoy the pictures. It has been a busy, but fun filled couple of months!

RACE TO READ
At school Riley participated in the Race to Read program and won tickets to go to Bandimere Speedway for the races. They had Jet Cars (Night of FIRE and THUNDER) which Riley was THRILLED about. Unfortunately the Jet cars were having technical difficulties and the drivers were not comfortable. With super powerful Jet fuel and jet engines in the mix I don't blame them for being cautious. The boys had a blast! Aiden wants to be a race car driver. And Riley wants to not only fly Jets but wants to drive a Jet car as well. You can see the jet car with smoke below and the boys covering their ears even though we all had ear plugs in. It was LOUD!





BUTTERFLY PAVILLION
On a Saturday in April we took the boys to the Butterfly Pavillion. We were there for a presentation, and both boys got toparticipate. I got some great pictures of butterflys and flowers which are two of my favorite things! (Note: Click on the picture below to see a larger image)









SOCCER
We signed Riley up for Spring Soccer this year. He has a hard time running but he sure had fun! One of his classmates dad's also took some pictures which I will add below. Randy worked with him a lot and Aiden was bummed that he couldn't play too but we all had so much fun!




I love these pictures of Randy and Riley practicing.
I love his tongue hanging out. Here he is with one of his best buddies from School this past year. It was exciting for them to play against each other in Soccer. :)

KINDERGARTEN FIELD DAY!!
Riley had a lot of fun at field day. They had some pretty cute events: shoe toss, sprints, Up/Down (which was hilarious to watch and involved team UP and team DOWN running around turing buckets up/down as appropriate. very cute!) They did a lap around the track and poor Riley was as last as you could be. His teacher yelled for all the parents and kids to come cheer Riley to the finish line. My son is not a runner! It was still a lot of fun. When we got home I let the boys try out Aidens new Slip N Slide and then Riley crashed on the couch. Too cute!


3 comments:

Lindsay said...

How fun!! I love Riley crashed out on the couch!! You can tell HE had fun too!!

Jami said...

One of my first dates with Matt was taking my sister Katie and her friend to the race when she did that. How fun!

RecipeNut said...

He looks so cute in his uniforms! Love the pics, glad you had some time to post :)