Monday, November 2, 2009

Halloween 2009!!

Halloween was very fun this year with two very excited boys! We had a great time together as a family.

Three days before Halloween we got a major winter storm. It shut down the schools and offices for two days. We had over 2 feet of snow! Here is a picture on the first night, we got 12+ more inches after this. I thought it would be a cold snowy night for trick or treating, but of course being Colorado it warmed up nicely on Friday and Saturday.

On Friday Riley had his Halloween Party at school. I had so much fun helping as one of the Room Mothers. They have a parade that wanders through the school so the parents can see all the fun costumes. Then we have an hour for a party in his classroom. They had yummy food and fun games and crafts. Fun!


Riley wanted to be Jango Fett for Halloween. (Star Wars Bounty Hunter) He could not be swayed any other way. I shopped around for a while and found the best deal online with Free shipping. It was cheaper to order it online then to buy it at Target (by 50%). So we anxiously awaited it's arrival. The UPS man actually brought it during the snow storm! Hooray! Here are some modeling pictures. I love how you can see his face through the mask.


Aiden wanted to be a Pirate. I shopped around for his as well, and liked this one the best. I got his Aunt Natalie to get it for me when it was on sale and I couldn't make it to the store. We had a hard time convincing him to try it on the firs time (it took a few days) but he finally did. I put some makeup on him for the big day. What a cute pirate! (He also loves getting makeup put on, what a goof!)



On the Monday before Halloween we finally made it to the Pumpkin patch. We were sorely dissapointed by the selection. Due to an early freeze most all of the pumpkins were destroyed. They did have some survivors in crates for us to choose from. Aiden and Riley still had fun running through the field of moldy pumpkins. Our pumpkins were not nearly as big as last year, but we did find a few good ones.



We ended up with only two that were carvable. Randy did a WICKED - Elphaba one for me (he free handed it) and then started on a more intricate design. He carved the last good pumpkin into and open forest. Then he cut the remaining pumpkin into thirds and did a Grave Robber one one and a Bat and Moon on the other. Then he put bot of these inside the bigger pumpkin. It was three deminsional and looked so amazing. He has already started making plans for next year. Can't wait to see his next creation! (Click on the image to blow it up so you can see the detail)




Here are the boys Trick or Treating! Aiden was running from house to house to get "more snacks!" Riley was having a hard time keeping up. It's so much fun to see how different they are. They definetly had a great time! Randy felt like he was being pulled in two directions at times, trying to keep up with Aiden and keep Riley moving.







After I took this picture the camera slipped out of my hand and broke. Tragedy! It landed on the lens and it is now stuck in a half open state. My poor camera is toast. So now I am shopping for a new one. It will be hard to replace as I really liked it! Wish me luck in my search. :)





1 comment:

Lindsay said...

I LOVE the costumes!! Your boys look so adorable all dressed up! They look adorable all the time, but you know what I mean!! Fun!