Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Aiden, Blankets, and Star Wars

I feel like I have been totally slacking with my posts this past month. We have been busy! We had some good friends come to visit us a few weekends ago, and so much has been going on in between everything!

Aiden likes to be a big helper. He makes a lot of messes but he sure likes to help Riley get ready in the morning "Shoe's On?" he says. Here he is helping Riley put his socks on. Since Riley is too lazy to do it himself, Aiden thought he'd help out!

Aiden loves to try to put things on or put things into things. So these cute gloves of mine (I used to wear these running in the morning...I know they are very fashionable!!) He busily worked at getting his fingers in the holes. cute!



I have also discovered that he likes to get out of things as well. One morning I went into his room and found him shirtless in his crib. Another day I walked into the family room and found him with one arm out (see below). He apparently doesn't like long sleeve PJs. So, this past weekend when I was missing Randy terribly and not sleeping well because of Riley's coughing I was out cold at 7:30 AM on a saturday (that's seriously sleeping in for me!) and all of a sudden I heard thump thump thump into my room. Aiden is the only one who thumps anywhere. I flew out of bed and there was Aiden standing there in my room looking quite proud of himself. I apparently had not heard his cries and he took it upon himself to get out of his crib and come find me. I am not sure what to think of this new found talent. Randy (while on the phone with me from a great distance) tells me we need to move him to a bed. I informed him I am not ready for that yet!!!



So, Aiden has been a little blue this past week...missing his daddy. He has taken to carrying his blanket around. I call him Linus. He even took one all the way to my moms one morning.


So....Riley is way into Star Wars (yes...we let him go over to the dark side). I found this great toy at a garage sale, it was a buck...so I thought why not. He loves it. Friday night he went to the Rockies Game with my parents for the fireworks (End of Season spectacular!). They played the Star Wars theme which THRILLED Riley! The whole way home he talked about it. When he got home he pulled Nana in and said come see what I want to show you. So he got out his light saber and showed her a super jedi move. it was pretty cute. (please excuse the mess in the background...ugh!)


2 comments:

BECKS 'R US said...

I can't believe how grown up Aiden is. I am so excited to see you guys this weekend.

Jami said...

I was about to email you as harassment for a blog entry... lol Your kids are so cute!